G.C. Jct. Interlocking was one double track and later reduced into one single track from here up the mountain. Just before heading west over the thru-truss bridge on the WM a line ran off to the left along the hillside. That line was the former mainline of the George's Creek & Cumberland Railroad. The GC&C was purchased in 1907 by the WMRR to gain access west out of Cumberland thru the Narrows.
View Larger Map